Skip to main content

Paying Property Taxes Online - Government of Andhra Pradesh

When my father received a SMS stating that you can pay your property tax online. I was thrilled. Why? My father stays with me in Mumbai and paying property tax for a small flat in  Proddatur Municipality was always a pain. The best was to request someone to pay it on behalf of him which meant it was at the time and convenience of the person we requested. Mind you this is no easy task, asking someone to pay on your behalf.

A quick search on the web got me to Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration and I it does have an online payment of taxes tab. And boy this was a breeze. As soon as you press the online payment tab you see a neat selection of District | Muncipality | Tax Type. For my purposes I choose Ysr Kadapa (it would be nice if they changed it to read "YSR Kadapa") and then "1014-Proddatur" for Municipality and I chose Tax Type is "Property Tax" (the other option is Water tax)
Once you fill in these details. You are directed to a page (I suspect the direction would be to the respective muncipalities - it my case it went to http://proddatur.emunicipal.ap.gov.in/ web page.
Here you fill in your details. One of them, either the Assessment Number or a Name or the Door Number. I had access to my assessment number so I entered that. However you can search by your name too. Let us say you put the name "Laxmidevamma" (my grannies name!). Then all the entries with that name pop-up, like

Then you can select the Assessment Number (in blue) from the first column. This should lead you to
very specific page related to your property (assuming that you have chosen the correct assessment number link). You need to check the " I have verified the tax details indicated above before proceeding to Pay Bill " and press the "Pay Tax" button. You will be directed to 

 You fill in your mobile number and press "Update & Pay Tax". This should take you to the page where you select the payment gateway. There is only one option as of today, but I am told that there will be many more options available for citizens to use in couple of months to come. 
You have to choose the mandatory "Terms and Conditions" and you are onto the payment gateway.

NB: As I write, 29-Jun-2016, there seems to be problems using chrome browser in redirecting to payment gateway. However firefox browser is fine. All this on my Ubuntu 12.04 machine!

You have two options, "Visa" and "Mastercard" and I am sure there will be many more options soon like wallets (paytm, payumoney) which can only make this process digitally convenient for citizens.

Once you have made the payment a nice receipt is generated and lo you have paid your property tax of a flat in Proddatur sitting in Mumbai. Can things get anything better? Digital India? Digital Andhra Pradesh? Digital Citizen?

I would like to confess that I wrote this article because

  1. I did not find a step by step document (similar to this) through google.co.in and 
  2. the main reason is when I was running into problems with payment because I was using Chrome browser on my Ubuntu machine I contacted the Director of Muncipal Administration who immediately put me in touch with his technical team which helped me figure out that the payment was smooth sail if I used firefox. I am not sure I can use their names, so I am not naming them! But I thank them for their support.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am sorry un able to do payments
Unknown said…
I am unable to pay property tax online.
Unknown said…
i am unable to pay property tax online and the payment gateway is not working properly
Why? I made a payment a couple of weeks ago. April 2017.
Why? I made a payment a couple of weeks ago. April 2017.
Why? I made a payment a couple of weeks ago. April 2017.
balan said…
I failed to make payment. It pRocester but displayed trasaction not successful
Transaction declined by issuer. What do I do? Is there payment by netbanking?
balan said…
I failed to make payment. It pRocester but displayed trasaction not successful
Transaction declined by issuer. What do I do? Is there payment by netbanking?
MojoRisin said…
This is very useful. Thanks Sunil Kumar Kopparapu

Popular posts from this blog

Visualizing Speech Processing Challenges!

Often it is difficult to emphasize the difficulty that one faces during speech signal processing. Thanks to the large population use of speech recognition in the form of Alexa, Google Home when most of us are asking for a very limited information ("call my mother", "play the top 50 international hits" or "switch off the lights") which is quite well captured by the speech recognition engine in the form of contextual knowledge (it knows where you are; it knows your calendar, it know you parents phone number, it knows your preference, it knows your facebook likes .... ). Same Same - Different Different:   You speak X = /My voice is my password/ and I speak Y= /My voice is my password/. In speech recognition both our speech samples (X and Y) need to be recognized as "My voice is my password" while in speaker biometric X has to be attributed to you and and Y has to be attributed to me! In this blog post we try to show   visually   what it means to pro

BITS Pilani Goa Campus - Some Useful Information

You have cleared the BIT Aptitude Test and have got admission to BITS Pilani Goa Campus. Congratulation . Well Done. This is how the main building looks! Read on for some useful information, especially since you are traveling for the first time to the campus and more or less you will face the same scenario that we faced! We were asked report on 29-Jul-2018 (Sunday) to take admission on, 30-Jul-2018.  We reached Madgoan (we traveled by train though the airport is pretty close to the BITS campus, primarily to allow us to carry more luggage!)at around 0700 hours (expect a few drizzles to some good rain - so carry an umbrella) on 29-July-2019. As you come out you will be hounded by several taxi drivers, but the best is to take the official pre-paid taxi. It should cost you INR 700 to reach the BITS campus. We had booked a hotel in Vasco (this is one of the closest suburb from BITS campus, a taxi should charge you around 300-350 INR; you will make plenty of trips!) and

Appraisals - The Yearly Ache

{A Personal View} Background Apprisals are an yearly ache that we have imposed on ourselves to make ourselves a better person than we were previously. It is stressful to both the  assessor (manager) who is on one side of the spectrum and the assessee (team member). It is at this time of the year the distance between the manager and the team members is at the maximum, even though they are part of the same team. Irrespective of which role you play you have a solid list of greviences against the  other role. So it is nothing to do with the role, it is to do with the situation. While the tension is on during the apprisal time - the folks in human resource bring in their wisdom and introduce the dreaded Gaussian curve\band and introduce a constraint where you as a manager have to necessarily have a certain number of your team members in a certain region under the curve and then the finance folks attach a monetary value to each part of the curve. These two, the constraint linked to money, ma